Georges Student Center
About the Center
The Dathel and John Georges Student Center is located on the second floor of Clemons Library. The mission of the Georges Student Center is to connect students with the resources, support, and opportunities. During the regular semester, a number of offices hold workshops, drop-in hours, or appointments here in the Center.
Partner Office Schedule
Georges Student Center will close at 8:00 PM on Tuesday, November 21, and remain closed through Saturday, November 25, in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday. All programs and workshops from the below partner offices are canceled during the holiday. Our center will reopen on Sunday, November 26, 2023, on a regular schedule.
During Fall 2023, you can find a number of offices in the Georges Student Center. Here is the schedule:
- Pre-Health Advising, Mon-Thur 1:30-4:30pm, drop-in advising in Rooms 240 and 241
- Career Center Drop-In Advising: Mon – Thur 1:30-4:30pm in Rooms 221, 222, 226, and 227
- Education Abroad Advisors, Tuesdays, 1:00-4:00pm, drop-in advising in Room 230
- Math Collaborative Learning Center, drop-in help in the nook near the front desk. See schedule here.
- Writing Center, pre-scheduled appointments. Mon – Thur 4:00-8:00pm in Room 237. Sundays 1:00-5:00pm in Rooms 237 &230
- SFS Peer Financial Counseling, Tues – Thur 1:00-6:00pm, sessions by appointment or drop-in in Room 245
- College Life Skills Coach, Christy Rotman, Mon 1-3pm, sessions by drop-in or appointment in Room 220, Plus Workshops.
- McIntire Admissions, Wednesdays 3:30-5:00pm, drop-in advising in Room 230
About Space Reservations
The Center’s mission is to connect students with advising resources, support, and opportunities. Use of the Center’s spaces is prioritized for offices who offer these services. Faculty and staff who wish to reserve space for such programs should contact Junjun Yu (see below). Students can reserve spaces to study during the evenings and on weekends using the Library’s space reservation system. Student reservations can be made up to a week in advance for two-hour blocks.
Link for reservations: https://cal.lib.virginia.edu/reserve/spaces/Clemons2
Hours of Operation
(During the Holidays, Reading Days, and Winter/Summer breaks, the center's hours will be different.)
- Monday – Friday: 8am -12am
- Saturday: 9am-12am
- Sunday: 10am-12am