About the Center: our academic support hub!
The Dathel and John Georges Student Center is located on the second floor of Clemons Library. The mission of the Georges Student Center is to connect students with the resources, support, and opportunities. During the regular semester, a number of offices hold workshops, drop-in hours, or appointments here in the Center.
Meet the Georges Student Center staff
Partner Office Schedule
During Fall 2022, you can find a number of offices in the Georges Student Center. Here is the schedule:
- Pre-Health Advising, Mon-Thur 1:00-4:30pm, drop-in advising in Rooms 240 and 241
- Career Center Drop-In Advising: Mon – Fri 1:00-4:30pm in Rooms 221, 222, 224, and 226
- Education Abroad Advisors, Tuesdays, 1:00-4:00pm, drop-in advising in Room 230
- Math Collaborative Learning Center, drop-in help in the nook near the front desk. See schedule here.
- Writing Center, pre-scheduled appointments. Mon – Thur 4:00-7:00pm in Room 230. Sundays 1:00-5:00pm in Rooms 227 &230
- SFS Peer Financial Counseling, Tues – Thur 1:00-5:00pm, sessions by appointment or drop-in in Room 245
- College Life Skills Coach, Christy Rotman, Thursdays 1:30-3:30pm, sessions by drop-in or appointment in Room 220, Plus Workshops.
- McIntire Admissions, Wednesdays 3:30-5:00pm, drop-in advising in Room 227
About Space Reservations
The Center’s mission is to connect students with advising resources, support, and opportunities. Use of the Center’s spaces is prioritized for offices who offer these services. Faculty and staff who wish to reserve space for such programs should contact Junjun Yu (see below). Students can reserve spaces to study during the evenings and on weekends using the Library’s space reservation system. Student reservations can be made up to a week in advance for two-hour blocks.
Link for reservations: https://cal.lib.virginia.edu/reserve/spaces/Clemons2
For more information contact:
- Georges Student Center Spaces Coordinator, Junjun Yu email@example.com
- Director of the Georges Student Center, Katie Densberger firstname.lastname@example.org